Saturday, May 9, 2009

Few and Far Between

Too much has happened since my last post. Sorry. It would take too many words to tell about everything that's happened between now and then, so here are some pictures of a few of the awesome things I've taken part in:

We went packpacking to Lizzard and Lilly Lakes in the Chuckanut mountains. We look 35 or so students. it was awesome. This picture is me throwing my backpack over my head and catching it on my back.






I've continued making a lot of videos, frequently. I still love it. My camera has been getting some good use this year. It's about time! Check out www.theinnministries.org/videos for some of our work this year!








The next weekend after backpacking we went to do a local service project in Acme, WA. The area flooded earlier this year and there's still a lot of work to be done. We mainly raked, shoveled, and moved lots of gravel.





Some of the girl interns put our office items in jello. I found this on my desk after getting back from a meeting. This is a picture of my wooden carved name tag that I made in high school. Luckily, they put it in a ziplog bag before jelloing it so that the orange jello didn't stain the wood. Seth found his mug in jello. Jim found jello in his mug.





The INN's video editing iMac toasted. It's Christine's fault. Just kidding. We squeezed a good 4 or so year stint out of that refurbished iMac. Considering that it was used to produce the videos each week, I'm pretty impressed! 

Well, that's the quick update to get me current. In other news, I applied to be the Summer INN co-director and got the job! I'm really excited. I'm still on and off sad about not going back to Alaska, but I think this summer is going to be a really good experience. On top of that, it will be a much warmer experience!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

i am offended by your blatant blaming of the girls with regards to the jello.
highly offended.

Life in Relation said...

Stead, I think you are about 4 or so years off on the lifespan of the iMac. It was purchased in early 2001. During Kyle's internship year.