Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Campus Day!


So, I planned to be on campus all day to finish my environmental assignment, but I didn't need nearly that much time. I've spent the last hour or so sitting in the lawn outside of old main with SJ and a friend from my auditing class. Various people have come by and said Hi, and I can't help but get excited about this being a part of my job next year. I'm relaxed, gotten a little work done, enjoyed conversation with passing friends, and its fantastic!

The weather is nice, which makes this absolutely perfect. Sarah just related reading A.W. Tozer to trying to read hot chocolate because every word is so thick. How fantastic! What a day.

With such a great day at hand, I can't help but reflect on the BibleGateway Verse of the day:
“Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.”- Romans 12:15

It seems that all things have their time. The tricky part is figuring out which time is for what. How often have I made a joke with someone who was mourning when I thought they were rejoicing? How often have I been "debbie downer" when friends are trying to celebrate around me? In some ways, this verse is almost a "go with the flow" sort of feeling.

Of course, we can't take that too far and think that we need to go with the flow all the time. There are definitely times we are called to be counter-cultural, and sometimes be sad when we're supposed to be sad. I still think this verse is a good reminder that sometimes our attitudes need adjusting.

Woo hoo! Good day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WOO HOO FOR CAMPUS DAYS! I'm glad I got to sit on the lawn with you. And I'm honored to be mentioned in your blog. :o) Like you Stead-a-Led!