Friday, August 15, 2008

Goodbyes

It's getting a little sad around this place. We're starting to see people leave all over the place. Yesterday I had my last(actually first too!) meal with the Browns at liarsville. They were great, I'm sad to see them go. Last night we all gathered around a fire out at the point to say goodbye to Nick. Nick's been a great guy to have up here as well. We'll all miss him and his radio voice.

The picture doesn't relate to goodbyes, except that it includes a lot of the people I'll be saying goodbye to in the next few weeks. The picture itself is a little weird though. We're all sitting around staring at the back of my bus because it exploded while we were evac-ing it, aka dumping it. A little gross, but clearly entertaining enough because in this picture there are 4 drivers, two mechanics, and a manager around the corner. Rediculous. Anything makes good entertainment up here. Especially while you're on the clock.

While it'll be sad to say goodbye in a bit here, I'm also extremely excited and ready to begin the internship. So far, this summer has been just what I needed to get ready. I've gotten away from it for a bit, read a bit, relaxed. All good things.

Woo hoo, 19 or so days til I set sail on the intern-ship! After than I won't have to think about anything Carnival, NCL, Holland America, or Princess for a while!

No comments: