Thursday, October 16, 2008

Retreat 2!

Here we go again! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be heading out to Deception Pass with the INN staff. Jim pointed out today that this will be retreat 4 that we've been on together in the last six weeks! Wow, I can't believe it's been that long, or that many retreats. I can't believe this is my job. Awesome.

The retreat tomorrow is different then any other retreat I've ever been to. I mean, it is the INN's fall retreat, to the same place I've been going as a student the last three years, but different still. Instead of the traditional retreat model with big speakers coming to teach us things over the weekend, we're having staff led discussion groups. Being creative we(Lindsay, actually) came up with funny song titles to represent each seminar. Mine is, "Money money money money. Money!" You might be able to guess the topic. I'm pretty excited about it, but having a little bit of a struggle coming up ways that it can be discussed. As of tonight it doesn't seem to lend itself to much of a forum, but we'll see. I've got tomorrow to do some more planning.

More exciting than discussion groups are the people coming on the retreat. A great friend from my recent adventures may be coming along. Pray that she finds community, support and encouragement in this group like so many others have found.

No comments: