Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rubicon

I just got back from the Murdock Vission and Call intern retreat. It was a great weekend of hanging out with the other interns, meeting interns from all over the northwest, and a bit of fun. The folks from Murdock were awesome to us and I think we all had a good time, and walked away with a much better understanding of what the trust is all about and how much they care for what we're doing.


Part of our adventure was getting the opportunity to take part in the camp's little activities during our freetime. Our girl interns decided to go horseback riding together, so Ty and I headed over the the Rubicon, aka the ATV driving challenge course. At first glance, these souped up go-carts don't catch the eye as a fun thing to do, as they blaze through the ~200' long track at an incredible 3 miles per hour. I'll admit, I was skeptical.

Ty and I jumped on to try it. These golf cart like vehciles were on a course that was layed out with drops, stumps, pipes, and all sorts of things to drive over. Even with the slow speed, we had a great time out there.

Probably a little more on the retreat at some point in the future. For now though, I need to get some sleep. At tomorrow at 5am I'll be heading down to Seattle to Alaska Marine Lines(aka, the barge). I'm picking up the last of our stuff and bringing it back up to Bellingham before we have Check-in @ the INN at noon. I wish I didn't have to go, but tomorrow is perfect for the trip. It would have been really convenient if I could have picked up that stuff when we passed through Seattle today, but unfortunately they're not open on Sundays.

Oh well.

I hope things are well with all who read this!

No comments: