Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sabbath, Sickness, and Waves

Before I knew it, another week passed by at the INN. We've got all the students in small groups that have signed up so far and things are going fantastically, from what I've heard from group leaders so far. I've had some good student meetings in the last week and heard stories of excitement again and again. This is going to be a great year.

At the end of the second week of classes for the students, on Friday night, we had Sabbath. This is a time of extended worship, rest, relaxation, and discovering different ways to worship. This Sabbath focused on the question "Who do you say that I am?". While this question seems simple, when God asks it of each one of us, the responses vary by person. A big reason for this is that we can't come up with any words or expressions that do God justice and capture all He is. God speaks into each of our lives differently, causing many different responses. The picture is Sarah and I near the center piece of the room for the evening. On a table cloth on the floor, we made a large parenthesis of candles, symbolizing that no matter how many names we come up with for God, we still can't come up with a definite name.

Unfortunately, all the excitement of the last few weeks had me feeling a little under the weather, so I spent all day Saturday sleeping and watching movies. The movies were quite relaxing and exactly what I needed. Feeling better after laying around for the afternoon, Zach, Bryce and I ran out to Z. Point Park to watch the waves crashing on the Jetty. It was awesome, windy, and amazing.

I'm starting to feel more back to normal here. The last month was a tough one with the transition between Alaska and Bellingham and leaving friends behind and trying to pick up with new ones wherever we may have left off. Oh well, I'm getting there!

No comments: