Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fred Meyer's Excellence

Fred Meyer is still my favorite store. Ever. Today a good example of why landed in my inbox.

The first email from Fred told me to update my rewards card info because I probably missed a reward. Whatever, I didn't care. I knew they had my correct info, so it was weird that I got the email anyway.

Within only a short bit of time, I got another email from FM. This one was an apology email, including the following message:

Oops! Sorry, we accidentally sent an email to you today
asking for you to contact us with your mailing address.
Please disregard that email and accept our apologies.

Dear Valued Customer,
Sometimes in life you push the wrong button and it seems like everyone in the world sees your mistake. We did that today when we accidentally sent to everyone on our mailing list an email with the subject line of "To receive your Rewards Rebate, send us your mailing address".


Now, I didn't care that much in the first place, but I do feel good about knowing that they're will to apologize if they screw up, instead of trying to play it off like they meant to do it. I also appreciate that the email is personal sounding and funny. Good job Fred!

No comments: