Thursday, April 24, 2008

Airline Check In

I think airline check in is way more complicated than it needs to be. Over the last few weeks, I've been looking at this itinerary with no identifying numbers and starting to wonder to myself if it was actually enough to get myself on a plane. I eventually got a username and password to a travel website, that showed me pretty close to the same itinerary with a few different numbers. Weird.

I figured it would be much safer if (before I traveled two hours south, got a ride to the airport, and was stranded with no way to get extra information about my flight) I called Delta to see if there was anything else I would be needing. Unfortunately, my conversation ended up with me checking in to the airport(I think), and no additional information about what I would actually need there. The website wasn't very helpful either. I found a list of things to get through security, but I've gotten pretty good at that.

All this made me realize that this is actually the first time I've flown anywhere by myself with no help. All my other flights have been group mission trip flights or family trips, and on both I have never had to worry about anything except getting on a plane at the right time with the right people. Easy!

Oh well, 22 hours of nothing now until the parade of homework begins on the plane. Woo hoo!

No comments: