Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home!


I'm officially back in Bellingham! I got back yesterday just minutes before auditing. I had just enough time to swing by the house, drop some stuff off, and head to campus to turn in my paper. Awesome. It's good to be back, although Bellingham is much colder, and much darker than Tampa.

My time in Florida was awesome. I got the chance to meet a lot of really great people who are all very interested in providing advocacy and leadership to students within presbyterian campus ministires, colleges, and university settings. I'm walking into this all at a time where a lot is changing, so we seem to have a fresh slate to work with. I'm sure being a part of this group will cause me to learn a ton(I already have!) about the Presbyterian church as a whole, other students in this country, and how our generation can remain connected to a larger church body.

I went to Florida equipped with some great articles about our generation. It seems that more often than not, my generation is either not going to church at all, or not joining in with larger denominations(Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc.). I'm still trying to figure out what exactly this means, but I am confident that being part these larger denominations has value to offer in terms of history, tradition, and connection with other christians around the world.

I just found this on the internet:

Awesome. Sums it up nicely.

No comments: