Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Some Loud Music... in the wrong place.


So, I had a surprise group meeting today at 9am. This wouldn't be a huge surprise, except that I don't have class until 12 today. Oh well. So, not wanting to endure the short walk back to my house, I brought some things with me, like my computer, books and food, to keep me occupied during the two hours before class. Its nice, so usually I would try to get a little work done out by the fountain, but today my laptop battery is dead because I didn't plug it in last night. Crap, that means I have to go sit in the library and watch everyone else enjoy outside.

So I find a great spot in the library, outlet and all. Right about now is when I forget that my battery had fully died earlier this morning, while playing music, loudly. The unfortunate thing about this is that the computer is veeery slow to start up after hibernating on a dead battery. The even more unfortunate thing is that windows won't let you mute the volume until it has started up, I've logged in, and the timing is right. I ended up blasting some third day to about 30 people for a good solid thirty seconds. Haha... its pretty funny now actually.

When I remember to check them, I really enjoy the biblegateway.com verse of the day(VOTD). From time to time, I might reflect on them a little. Today's strikes me as very appropriate, considering the fantastic weather:

“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”- Romans 1:20

The complexity and beauty of people, the trees, sky, hills, and dirt allow me to catch a few more glimpses into who God is. Despite all these things that are around me that scream out that there is a God, there are times that I just miss the things placed in front of me. The verse goes on to talk about how even though these things have been made clear to us, sometimes we miss the point and do nothing with them.

I'm going to attempt to keep these questions in my mind today between classes, meetings, friends, casa and the INN. What has God put in front of me? What am I doing with it? If I'm so convinced that my surroundings are screaming that there is a God, how do I show that to others?

No comments: